Monday 10 January 2022

b

For a summons, there's a cove, and on
The tides in flow the failures-- crumples in a cardboard eternity--
The jobs I didn't get, multiplied by everyone getting to the same
Place, not everyone getting what they need,
But still giving according to their ability. Then
There were jobs lost on opportunities
I didn't know I was being given-- where I was off
On some bridge holding a book in my hand-- that part
Of an effort to be me and how to think they
Were a good sign-- someone else's advice (who else)
Ends a poem with advice scarcely taken.
Call it advice never given, dripping from above,
Taking millennia to get there & cave through, & still
Almost silent, while the stream just dances on,
Saying simply be the answer to everything they want.

10-i-2022

No comments:

Post a Comment